Wednesday 1 April 2009

blog 3

1) In the process of starting and creating the performance of Porto, the use of RSVP was put into place. RSVP is a model of devising created by Halprins’s, this was put into place to explore different elements and approaches to the performance. The R and S phrase in the devising process are very important and make a performance. A detailed study of a subject, especially in order to discover (new) information or reach a (new) understanding. (Cambridge Dictionaries Online Cambridge University Press 2003)The R phase is the research/resource phrase, this is vital in any performance. It can be a stage of experimenting and exploring a certain phrase. In the First few weeks of play sessions we explored different ways which we could move through the use of the body and express ourselves through physical movements. Scoring phase is a refinement of material that is created in the research phrase. Characters in the scoring phrase understand why they are moving and emotional connect to there character and find a reason to move and have purpose.

2)Porto is now in its stages of scoring the performance and is close to its finally performance. When creating Porto there has always oneelement that created the structure of the performance. Structure in Porto was created through the use of bags and based on the knowledge we have left everything behind and was in an unknown place . Without the use of the bags and its content throughout the performance I think there would be no purpose and meaning. Our bags in Porto makes us who we are and particular what it contains inside them, our one item that defines us. All material created throughout Porto in some way or another has related to our items and bags we carry.

Different sections throughout Porto have related to who we are and what our item represents to us. We interact with similar people with same physicality and emotional status within Porto. In the big ensembles, I feel these are structured and link the whole performance together and reminds us where we are and why we are stuck in Porto.

3)My character in Porto has defiantly developed in many ways from the character she was during the research phrase. When my character arrived in Porto her character is lost and was looking back for that certain something or someone. During the research process I was quite strict with my self with the characteristics I wanted my character to have. As time has gone on through the research phrase I have felt my character needed more depth and background to her. My character to me is very hard to play, reasons being her personality being completely different to mine. I still feel that my character is still developing and has not yet been fully developed to its full potential . Every new session where I play my character, I am still finding new things out about her and she still surprises me. I feel my character is becoming stronger, this was not my intention but I like where my character is going through this journey. Characteristics such as being lost alone unapproachable and unsociable are elements still present in my character but new ones are now emerging in to her personality. Elements such as being nosey, wanting to reach out for people and wanting connections with different people but then still withdraws herself.

Bibliography

Halprin, L The RSVP Cycles G. Braziller 1970

http://www.webs.uidaho.edu/info_literacy/modules/module2/2_1.htm (accessed April 1st 1pm )




u

No comments: